When it comes to managing your student loan, the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) is your main point of contact.
If you suspect fraudulent activity, call the NSLSC at 1-888-815-4514.
You can confirm the contact information:
- on the NSLSC's website or
by calling 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232).
- If your banking information has been compromised, contact your bank immediately.
It's important to be careful when providing your personal information over the phone.
The NSLSC could ask you to provide:
- your social insurance number (SIN);
- your Canadian, provincial, or territorial government-issued identification, such as a copy of your driver's license, passport, or other government issued photo ID; or
- your banking information.
The NSLSC will not ask for:
- your credit card number; or
- your username or password for your NSLSC online account.
All online communication with the NSLSC should be done through your NSLSC online account. On occasion, the NSLSC will send correspondence only to the personal email account you provided.
To protect your personal information:
- Do not email any personal information to the NSLSC (e.g. SIN number, banking information).
- Always update any personal information by logging into your account or by speaking to an NSLSC agent at 1-888-815-4514.
- Do not share your login information or your password with anyone.
Toll free: 1-888-815-4514 (within North America)
800-2-225-2501 (outside North America)
National Student Loans Service Centre
P.O. Box 4030
Visit the RCMP website for tips on avoiding fraud.
Visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website for tips on protecting your personal information.